We manufacture and stock a complete inventory of Boards, Lumber, Plywood and Heavy Timbers. We stock Heavy Timbers up to 12” x 12” x 24’. We can quickly turn around hard to find Non stock ACQ® treated items.
Preserve® is treated with ACQ®, a new generation copper plus quat preservative system that provides long-term protection from rot, decay and termites for a wide variety of residential, commercial and industrial building applications.
- Protected with ACQ®, a new generation wood preservative
- Does not contain arsenic or chromium
- Provides long term protection from rot, decay and termite attack
- For use in above ground, ground contact and fresh water immersion applications
- Can be used in residential, commercial and industrial applications
- Offers a wider selection of timber species
- Easily painted or stained
- Quality control ensured by independent third-party inspection
- Features a lifetime limited warranty
- ACQ® treated wood scraps and cut offs should be disposed of in a non-hazardous material lined landfill in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Preserve® is also available with built-in water repellent (Preserve Plus®)
Painting and Staining or Natural Weathering
Preserve® can be painted or stained to match any outdoor color scheme. High quality oil and latex-based paints and stains are recommended. Water repellent coatings can be applied to improve the weathering performance. Left uncoated or with clear water repellent coatings, Preserve® will initially weather to a natural brown color, eventually turning gray following long-term exposure to the sun.
It is important to ensure that the wood is dry and free from surface deposits prior to applying any coating.
Nails, Fasteners and Fittings
Hot-dipped galvanized or stainless steel fasteners and fittings are acceptable for use with ACQ® treated wood. Direct contact of Preserve® treated wood with aluminum fasteners and fittings is not recommended.
View the Preserve® Fastener Information Sheet.
Preserve® Treated Lumber and Plywood Specifications, Approvals, Registrations and Awards
- NER 643
- Standardized by the American Wood-Preservers’ Association (AWPA C1, AWPA C2, AWPA C4, AWPA C5, AWPA C9, AWPA C15, AWPA C17, AWPA C22, AWPA P5)
- Preservative components registered with the United States Environmental Protection Agency
- Australian Standard AS-1604 1997
- AQIS – Australian Quarantine Service
- JWPA Japanese Standards
- CSA 0.80 Canadian Standard Association
- NWPC – Nordic Wood Preservation Council
- Approved in Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden and Spain
- Winner of the US EPA Presidential Green Chemistry Award
Preserve® Recommended Retentions for Various Applications
Application – Retention (lbs/CuFt) – Uses:
- Above Ground – 0.25 – Decking, fence boards, hand rails, deck supports
- Ground Contact Fresh Water – 0.40 – Fence posts, landscaping, piers, docks, etc.
- Permanent Wood Foundations – 0.60 – Wood foundations, crawl spaces
- Poles – 0.60 – Building, transmission and distribution poles