Sustain TreatedWe manufacture and stock a complete inventory of Boards, Lumber, Plywood and Heavy Timbers. We stock Heavy Timbers up to 12” x 12” x 24’. We can quickly turn around hard to find Non stock Sustain® treated items. Sustain® 20 T MCA wood preservative is a system which is a fully micronized, copper plus tebuconazole formulation that provides long-term protection from rot, decay and termites for a wide variety of residential, commercial and industrial building applications.
- Protected with Sustain®, a new generation wood preservative
- Does not contain arsenic or chromium
- Provides long term protection from rot, decay and termite attack
- For use in above ground, ground contact and fresh water immersion and salt water splash zone applications
- Can be used in residential, commercial and industrial applications
- Offers a wider selection of timber species
- Easily painted or stained
- Superior preservative permanence
- Features a lifetime limited warranty
- Preserved wood may be disposed of in landfills or burned in commercial or industrial incinerators or boilers in accordance with federal, state and local regulations
- Lower volatile organic compounds (VOC’s)
Proven PerformanceThe MCA preservative system in SUSTAIN preserved wood has been extensively tested using accepted industry and building code evaluation criteria under severe field and laboratory exposure conditions. SUSTAIN preserved wood has been found to provide the same level of performance against funal decay and termites that retailers and consumers have come to expect from traditional preservative treatments. It is important to ensure that the wood is dry and free from surface deposits prior to applying any coating.
Nails, Fasteners and FittingsHot-dipped galvanized or stainless steel fasteners and fittings are acceptable for use with Sustain® treated wood. Use in direct contact with aluminum. View the Sustain® Information Sheet.
Building Code CompliantSUSTAIN preserved wood is listed in the ICC-ES Report number ICC ESR-2325. SUSTAIN preserved wood meets all applicable major model building codes for:
- Above ground
- Ground contact
- Fresh water immersion
- Salt water splash zone
- Severe critical structural applications in ground contact
Sustain® Typical Applications and Appropiate Retention Levels*
- Above Ground – Decking, deck joists, railings, fence pickets, uncoated millwork
- Ground Contact Fresh Water – Fence, deck, guardrail posts, crossties, utility poles
- Permanent Wood Foundations – Wood foundations, building poles, horticultural posts, crossites, utility poles